As a professional engagement photographer, I am often asked where the prettiest photography locations are in and around the Raleigh and Durham metro areas to hold my client's photoshoots. This is not an easy question to answer since there are tons of great places to capture some really beautiful images here in the Triangle. Happily, we are blessed with nice weather year-round in North Carolina (even in January!) so no matter the season or the weather there is always someplace nearby to capture great photos with a pretty sweet backdrop.
I have made a list and found that these locations offer the best opportunities to capture gorgeous photo's any time of year! It was quite difficult to narrow it down to just a few choice locations but in no particular order here are my top 10 favorites...
1. The JC Ralston Arboretum
2. Yates Mill Farm Park
Ok so I know I said that this list isn't in order but I really love the top two locations listed above.
3. Harris Lake Park
4. Pullen Park
* Pullen Park is very, very, very, very BUSY on the weekends and parking is a pain in the a@#!. Always schedule an engagement shoot here on weekday mornings, the earlier the better! That aside, this a fun location to hold an engagement shoot, especially while using the paddle boats.
5. Moore Square and surrounding streets in downtown Raleigh NC
6. The campus of NC State University
7. The NC Museum of Art
* The NC Museum of Art requires a permit, a client fee and appointment to be made ahead of the photoshoot date!
8. Sarah P. Duke Gardens
* Duke gardens requires a permit, an appointment & charges a (very steep!) fee to clients who want to take photos here!
9. Mazarick Park Fayetteville NC
10. The University of North Carolina campus
EXAMPLES OF ALL OF THE ABOVE LOCATIONS MAY BE FOUND ON MY ENGAGEMENT PHOTOGRAPHY PORTFOLIO PAGE LINK BELOW, CHECK IT OUT!